Making your home safer
If you have trouble accessing your home or are concerned about safety there are a number of things we can do to help. We’ll work with you on everything from a comprehensive home overhaul to emergency upgrades. Some of the services that we typically provide are:
- Adding first floor master suites
- Adapting and renovating bathrooms
- Creating a more open floorplan
- Widening doors and hallways
- Installing ramps, chairlifts, and elevators
- Installing assist bars
- Installing assistive technologies
In addition to knowledge of construction methods for accessibility design and modification, we have expertise in helping you determine what features will be most helpful and how they can fit in your home as inconspicuously as possible. We have three National Association of Home Builders Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists (CAPS) on staff, including both of our principals John Robertson and Lynn Ivey.
Planning your future
We strive to give back to the community by offering guidance on accessibility issues and solutions. John Robertson is a board member and past chairman at Senior Connections (Richmond Area Agency on Aging). He worked closely with United Way to develop the Regional Age Wave Plan. Lynn Ivey has been involved with the Senior Center of Richmond, Beth Shalom Life Care Community, and the Older Adults Action Council for United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg and is a charter member of the Aging and Disabilities Advisory Board of Richmond.
We have presented on aging-in-place and home accessibility and safety for audiences at:
- Remodeling Magazine’s National Leadership Conference
- The Virginia Governor’s Conference on Aging
- Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
- Alzheimer’s Association Conference on Dementia
- RVA Better Aging Forum
- Chesterfield Council on Aging
- Henrico County Advocate for Aging
If you are involved with an organization that could benefit from learning about our services, please contact us to arrange a meeting.